Thursday, November 3, 2011

11/28 - Socks!



I made a pair of socks, that's right I finished both of them.  For those of you who know me and my knitting you know that's quite an accomplishment since I have had a pretty severe case of SSS (Single Sock Syndrome) in years past.  I am in love with these socks, they are so freaking comfy!  I made them out of Socks that Rock Lightweight in the Grawk Colorway from the Raven Clan Series.  Back when the Raven Clan Series of colors came out I bought a skein of each in light weight, I had money to burn, the economy was better, I wasn't married, I had no kids, and I'd heard great things about this yarn.  So naturally being the good goth that I am, I bought all the pretty black/purple/green colorways that came out.  Can you believe that I've had 13 skeins of sock yarn in my stash for more than 4 years and I've never knit any of it?  That's going to change, this is the squishiest, yummiest, most comfy yarn I've ever knit socks out of.  They are the Anniversary Socks by Nancy Bush from the book Favorite Socks from Interweave Press.  This is a great pattern because the lace is super simple to memorize and it's only on the fronts, I love that they are longer socks so they keep me warmer and since they're dark, I can wear them with shorter pants and they look like leggings. I knit them on double points because I didn't have the right circ in my stash and I didn't want to buy a new one for these socks, but in doing that I realized that I don't dislike dpns as much as I thought I did.  I guess it's just been so long since I've knit with them that I thought I didn't like it.  I don't know though, I'm going to try doing my next socks 2 at a time on 2 circs to see if I can get them done faster, I'd also like to try knitting one inside the other sometime, but that kind of scares me.  In short, these are my favorite hand knit socks I've ever made and I think a lot of it has to do with the yarn!



No comments:

Post a Comment