Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lasertag

The alternate title to this post should be "Why I Sometimes Feel Like I'm Living in How I Met Your Mother".  So tonight we gave the munchkin and some friends kids the choice of seeing Puss in Boots or going to play lasertag, I'm guessing that my astute readers have already guessed which they chose.  So we went to the arcade, not exactly what I had in mind for my evening, but you know...  So anyway, we went to the arcade and had some pretty horrible pizza for dinner, not that it's a huge surprise that the pizza there wouldn't be great, but I had hoped they would prove me wrong.  After dinner the kids all went up to play lasertag and I settled in for some good old pin ball playing.  I started with the Monopoly machine, not all that rewarding of a machine to play on, but after a while Steve came and told me that there was a Simpsons machine so I switched to that one and while it was really fun the ball had a tendency to get stuck and the left flipper stuck quite a bit.  Yep I get pretty serious about my pinball playing, I know, I'm really just a 10 year old inside.  So anyway, Steve comes down a while later super excited because he got first place in lasertag, and of course, the munchkin came in last and was a little sad about it, but no big thing, he's over it now.

I've been in a bit of a funk all day, I'm not entirely sure why.  I think a lot of it is that the quilt I've been working on for a while isn't turning out the way I'd hoped in the quilting portion.  I tried the spray adhesive basting spray and I'm not very happy with the way that it is turning out, it's bunching up while I'm quilting it and it's really pissing me off.  Not to mention some other things that we happening today and cleaning the house for my parents coming into town tomorrow to stay with us, which isn't normally a big deal but right now we also have Steve's sister and her boyfriend living with us until they can get on their feet here, so the house is quite full and everyone is still getting used to living together.  I'm having a hard time getting used to it I guess, I just sort of feel like our private lives have been invaded and like I have no time to myself.  I know it's petty and that I need to just suck it up and deal with life, but sometimes I just like my life to be mine and lately I haven't felt like I've had much control over it.    I think I really just needed a little cathartic writing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment