Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Overly Ambitious?

So as you may or may not know my parents have recently moved to Kansas.  They love it there and the community they are in seems like its going to be a great fit for them.  However, they have lived in California for 20 years and no longer have the winter clothes you need for living in an area like Kansas.  So I've decided to knit them sweaters, scarves and mittens for "Christmas".  Why is Christmas in quotes you ask?  Because I'm not so delusional as to think they will actually be done in time for Christmas.  But I do think I'll be able to get them done before winter is over.  Here's my plan on what I'm going to knit them:

For my Dad:
The Cobblestone Pullover by Jared Flood (Ravelry Link

The Faux Bois Scarf Adrian Bizilia (Ravelry Link)

And the Faux Bois Mittens by Adrian Bizilia (Ravelry Link)

 For those of you that don't know my Dad, he's a pretty simple dresser, though he likes a little interest in his clothes, but he also loves woodworking.  So I thought the Faux Bois set would be awesome in a little subtler colors.
For my Mom:

The Hourglass Sweater by Joelle Hoverson (Ravelry Link) but I'm using tanneicasey's modifications to make it a funnel necked sweater
The Fiddlehead Mittens by Adrian Bizilia (Ravelry Link)
And Kink by Jodie Gordon Lucas (Ravelry Link), though I already made this and gave it to her when she was here last time, so I may or may not get pictures of that.

So that's it, I know it seems like a lot, but I'm a fast knitter, so it shouldn't be too bad.  I'm ordering the yarn for my Dad's sweater tomorrow, still not exactly sure what it is I want to get for him.  Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment